Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shoebox Party Valentine Card

Today my cousin, Cassie, is throwing a shoebox cardmaking party! For those of you who don't know what that is--basically a group of women (or people, whatever:) get together to make cards. You plan in advance so you know how many people you'll be sharing with. Each of you design a card, cut all the paper pieces to make the qty you need, and bring the necessary items to make the card (such as stamps, ink, punches, etc.). Then you put everything in a 'shoebox' and take it to the party. Everyone sits around, munches, gossips (ahem, I mean visits :), and makes a bunch of cards to take home.
For example, today I'm taking enough pieces to make 10 of my card--we're hoping for 10 people. When I come home, I will have 10 different cards. One from each person at the party.
So, here is my card. I totally copied this card from one that I found on Pinterest. The card was actually originally from Splitcoast Stampers, and  you can see it here. I just changed the papers and stuff, but the layout is the same.
Here is my card. Hope you like it. The inside says "You Make My Heart Sing!"

1 comment:

NanaConnie said...

What a great idea, Shell! I'll have to have a "Shoebox" party at my house. Love the card -- especially the zebra print paper and the sparkly red heart. Fabulous!! :-D