Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Box for Cards

So, I've been showing you some cards this week that I have been planning on giving as a Christmas gift to some lucky family member. I needed something to put them in, so I went looking for handmade boxes on the internet. Holy moly--lots of stuff to see in that search. A girl could get distracted, and this one did lol! There are so many cute boxes you can make out of just paper and some creative scoring/cutting. Wow.
Anywho, I settled on trying this little beauty out. It seemed pretty simple and easy to follow the instructions the lady gave. And, it really was. Until I got to cutting out some patterned paper to decorate the box with. Wow. Not so easy. You'd think you could just follow the same measurements then cut it down a bit, right? Hmmm......not so. At least not for me. So some of my cut lines on the patterned paper are a little wonky. But that is part of the charm on a handmade gift, right? Whatev--it is still pretty cute no?



I made the little flower closure out of scrap paper and my scallop punches from Stampin Up! The brad is one I got as a sample when I worked for Roberts. Haven't the faintest what vendor it came from (sorry). All of the patterned paper is My Minds Eye. The kraft cardstock is no name from Roberts as well. Hope I can find some more like that when I run out. It is my favorite!

No comments: