Thursday, December 9, 2010

12*9*10

Today is my birthday. I am 35 years old. My sister tried to tell me that I am now closer to 40 than 30. But, I don't hardly think so. I'm right smack dab in the middle--so there!
I had a really great day today. After I took G to school, I took a little nap lol. I try not to do that very often because eventually I will find a job and I don't want to be used to napping. But today I did because it was my birthday and I wanted to.
Then one of my fabulous friends took me out to lunch and we exchanged Christmas gifts. We didn't know if we'd see each other between now and then, and her gift was a holiday decoration. So, she wanted me to have it before Christmas.
Shane took me out to see a movie and to dinner at Outback Steakhouse (yum!). I chose to see a movie at the dollar theater because I didn't really want to see the ones at the regular theater. We saw Easy A. I thought it was a pretty cute movie, and funny too, if a little on the teenager side. Not recommended for children though.
Then, when we got home from our date, my dad had stopped by and left me a gift. I was surprised to find a really beautiful necklace inside. Now I know that took some heavy thought on my dad's part. Kim said he really wanted to get me a "real" present lol. I love my dad. He is the best dad anyone could ever ask for.
And, to top everything off, Kim bought me all of the Twilight movies on DVD, and Lacy got me Vampires Suck. Woo hoo! I think that one looks funny. I have to wait for Kim's because she is out of town, but that just means my birthday is extended, right?
So, that's it in a nutshell. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

I love hearing stories about your family. You seem so close to your dad & sisters. It's really nice.