Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Some Graduation Cards

Yup, it's that time of year again! Graduation usually happens in May (at least 'round these parts), so I thought my next card swap was a great opportunity to try out this card top I've been wanting to make with my Silhouette Cameo machine.
I imported the star punch from the Stampin Up My Digital Studio software into my Silhouette software. Then I traced it and made into a cuttable Studio file. Then I just made a rectangle shape in the dimensions I needed for my card top and added some stars to it. Pretty easy, and I love the result!
Too bad I don't really know anyone who is graduating this year. But, I didn't put a year on them on purpose so that I could save one for later, and the ladies in my swap group can save them as well.
I asked the ladies what colors they would need for graduations coming up so that I could make less boring cards lol. Black and silver turned out great, but I really like the colored ones a lot.
And, as always, this idea is not my own lol. I got the idea from a card I found on Pinterest here. I just used a different method to make them :)
The yellow looking paper on this one is actually a soft shimmery gold.
 This one is my favorite. Probably because it is my favorite color, my high school colors, and my son's high school colors (not the same school).
 The black and silver just in case I missed anyone's color request.
 I like this one too, but it is the colors of a rival to my high school, so it isn't my favorite lol.
 And, finally, this last one is my hubby's high school colors.
If you have managed to make it to the end of this post, I would sure appreciate a comment :)

Stamps: Blue Ribbon-Stampin Up!
Paper: Cardstock is all from my stash (in other words, I really have no idea who the manufacturer is.)
Ink: Basic Black-Stampin Up!
Accessories: Silhouette Cameo machine, Star Punch SVG files from Stampin Up! My Digital Studio software, 1-1/4" Circle Punch-Stampin Up!, Designer Label Punch-Stampin Up! (retired), Large Oval Punch-Stampin Up!

1 comment:

NanaConnie said...

Love the embossing, Shell, and the cut out stars are magnificent! I love that you did it in all the different colors. I have two different graduations in my family this year and got a commission to make 6 more grad cards for a neighbor lady. :-D