Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Happy Sunday y'all! How do you like my post title? Ha ha. I named this post after a song by The Monkees. I live in Utah County, UT. Everyone around her jokes and calls it 'Happy Valley' due to the high concentration of Mormon values and families in the area.  I won't give you a  history lesson on the reasons for that, because I am not Mormon, but I do like living here in Happy Valley.

I don't know about you, but I am usually lazy on Sundays ha ha. It is, after all, the day made for rest.  I think some people in this world would do well to understand that even God set one day aside for rest. Not that being busy isn't good, but taking some time to relax, reflect, and be thankful is always a good idea too

Anyhow, I thought maybe a nice sunshine card would be just the thing for today, since it is SUNday. And the weather continues to be gorgeous here in my neck of the woods.

I actually made this one a couple of weeks ago. But I really love it. This is my first sunburst card, and it really wasn't as hard as I had imagined. I think this could become addicting! It is easy and quick and packs a punch of fun pattern and color.

Well, hope you all have a good Sunday and get some good relaxation in for the coming week. I know I will ;)

Stamps: See Ya Later Alligator by Stampin Up!
Paper: Park Bench Collection 6X6 pad by Fancy Pants, Pool Party Cardstock from Stampin Up!, and black and white cardstock from my stash (in other words, I don't know the manufacturer lol).
Ink: Staz On Jet Black by Tsukineko
Accessories: Banner and Cupcake Punches from Stampin Up!

No comments: