Sunday, July 17, 2011

This Weekend .........

Kaitlyn was in a pretty bad ATV accident this weekend. For those of you who aren't familiar, she is my dad's girlfriend's daughter. My dad has been with Diane for years, so I pretty much think of her like a sister.
She had to be life flighted to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. I guess she was on Dad's 4-wheeler and hit the gas to hard or something. Not really sure what happened. But she had her two nieces on with her, and none of them had helmets on. The wheeler started to go out of control, so she pushed Brooke and Bailey off.
Dad didn't want to let her go with them. But they all kept begging and pleading, and it was only 3 blocks down the road. So he gave in and told her to just be careful.
She is in ICU and has three skull fractures. They also think that somehow the handle bar hit one of her ears and she may be permanently deaf in that ear now. We'll all be praying for her. She is a strong girl, and the doctors are very positive.
This is my second post about an ATV accident this year. Wear your helmets people!
Seems out of place now, but since I'm writing about the weekend--Shane, Garrett, and I also went to see the last Harry Potter movie today. It was SO good. I highly recommend it. I'm a bit sad that it's over now. All I have to look forward to is the last two Twilight movies now. *sniff*

No comments: