Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Holiday Weekend

We had so much fun this weekend! It was a holiday weekend for us here in Utah (Pioneer Day July 24th), so most people got Monday off work because Sunday was the actual holiday date.
On Saturday night we went to the most AMAZING fireworks show I have ever been too. Seriously. I've been to the Stadium of Fire at BYU (which is sort of famous I guess.-- At least here.), and it doesn't compare to this one. If anyone knows me at all, they know I just love fireworks. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, and July all together is my favorite month because it is legal to do fireworks all month here.
This year was even better because they finally made aerial fireworks legal in Utah, and all my neighbors seemed to have the money to buy them lol.
This show was in Mapleton City, and, from what I understand, it is totally paid for by a few orthodontists that live there. They had these cool 3-D glasses on sale for $1 to benefit a theater in Springville, and they made the fireworks even cooler. Although, they did give me a headache after a while, and I like fireworks the old fashioned way anyway.
Here are a couple of cool pictures I got. This was using my old camera too. Just a cute little pink Sony Cyber-shot.
My favorite!
Then on Sunday we went down to Burraston Ponds in Mona for a fun day of fishing and swimming. Fishing for Shane and John, swimming for Pam and I and the boys, and chasing tennis balls in the water for the dogs. This spot is quickly becoming a favorite for us because it is free (really good reason right now lol), it's close, and it has something that we all enjoy.
Shane Fishing
 Colin and Garrett
 John and Shane even got in the water with the boys for a little bit this time.
 Shane's cousin, Steve (in blue shirt), and his friend came down to fish for a little bit.
 Our dog, Angel. Isn't she sweet?
 My son, Garrett. Must be cold lol.
 Pam and John's dogs--Cocoa and Bella
 Garrett and his best friend, Dustin
Monday was pretty chill for us. We didn't do a whole lot. Shane and Garrett got some yard work done. We were going to go down and watch the Spanish Fork fireworks (yep, more of those), but we were too tired. We went out in the yard wondering if we could see them that far away, but it was windy and raining, so I think they were cancelled.
Well, that was our fun-filled holiday weekend. Gotta love this simple life.

No comments: