Monday, July 18, 2011

Love is Like a Butterfly

This week's challenge at the Heart Song Inspirations blog is to color on kraft cardstock and/or use lace on your project. I chose to do both because I've never colored on kraft, so it seemed like a challenge, and once the card idea came to mind, the lace was a no-brainer. I was a bit intimidated with the coloring on kraft, but I think it turned out really well. And I really like the effect of making the butterflies 3-D. I printed and colored 6 butterflies, cut them out, glued 3 down, and then glued the centers of the other 3 to the originals and pinched the wings with my fingers to make them stand out.


Inside Card

{Love is Like a Butterfly}
Stamps: Butterfly Duet digital stamp from Heart Song Designs, Butterfly Prints (sentiment) from Stampin' Up!, Background friendship words--unknown
Cardstock: Crumb Cake--Stampin' Up!, White--Unknown
Patterned Paper: Affinity paper stack from The Paper Studio
Punches: Boho Blossoms (inside of card), Decorative Label Punch--Stampin' Up!
Die: Beautiful Wings Embosslits--Stampin' Up!/Sizzix (small butterfly inside card)
Ink: Crumb Cake for Sponging--Stampin' Up!, Tempting Turquoise Marker & Blender Pen--Stampin' Up!
Adhesive Pearls: ZVA Creative
Glitter: Stickles
Lace: Ribbon Boutique
Adhesive: Foam dots from American Crafts, Tombow permanent tape roller

No comments: