Welcome to the annual Scrapbook Challenges blog hop! If you just happen to have stopped in on my blog, please join us and start at Pamela's blog. If you're arriving here from Amy's blog, you're in the right place!
I'm so excited to announce that I'm a brand new member of the Scrapbook Challenges Design Team for the first term in 2011. This is my first DT and my first blog hop!
A little about me:
My name is Shelly, and I am a 35 year old mother to a 13 year-old son named Garrett and a 7 year-old female
Labrador mix named Angel. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Shane, for just over 13 years. And we have a small home in Spanish Fork, UT.
I love scrapbooking, reading, camping with family, riding 4-wheelers, and going to the movies.
I've been scrapbooking in my current form since around 2002, but ever since junior high school I've always liked to cut out pictures and paste them to cute paper with fun things written on it. So, really I've been doing it for around 23 years or so.
Scrapping is an outlet for me. I love the process of picking paper and matching it with pictures. I love the products and the techniques. It relaxes me. The fact that I'm documenting memories for generations to come is a great bonus.
Onto the challenge!
This is the sketch that we were given to play with for the blog hop:
Or for those who'd like a 2-page layout:
And hear are a couple of layouts that I came up with based on the sketch:
There are prizes involved in this blog hop, so don't miss out on your chance to win!
1. For one person who leaves a comment on all the blogs in the hop, they will get the new Spring Market collection from Webster's Pages, including chipboard buttons and twine. To see the entire collection, click here and here.
2. For one person who does a layout based on the sketch, they will get the Be Mine collection from Echo Park Paper Company. Just go to the Scrapbook Challenges site and load your layout into the Hop On section.
3. For inviting people to join the group, one person will get a collection of adhesive from Helmar.
4. For one new member over the weekend, they will get some new release stamps from Unity stamps that coordinate with the Spring Market line from Webster's Pages.
5. For one randomly selected person who leaves a comment on my blog, I'll mail a surprise gift!
Now it's time to hop on over to Amanda's Blog. Have fun!