Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beach Layout



So, I got the Cricut Storybook cartridge, and I had to use it. I've been wanting to scrap these pictures, but I just didn't want to make a page and not be happy with it. I was flipping through Scrapbooks Etc. magazine, and on page 102 of the August issue, there is a beach layout that I just loved. So, I pretty much copied it. I used my own colors and stuff, but the layout is almost exactly the same. Don't you just love the font for Beach? That's Storybook as well as the leaves and the swirls on the journaling block. The "THE" is from Opposites Attract. I've alway wanted to try to get flowers on a boy page too, and was finally able to do it without it looking too feminine.
Garrett absolutely loved the beach. We only got to spend about an hour at Santa Monica Pier on our way back from Disneyland. And I was irritated that day because we were in a hurry and it was way hot. I feel really bad now because I probably totally ruined it for him. I'd love to be able to just take him back for like a week to just relax and enjoy it. He so didn't want to leave.

No comments: