Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10*5*10

Wow, I'm unemployed. I've looked forward to this day for months, and now that it's here, I just don't know what to even do with myself. I feel like I should be stressed out, and so I am. There is plenty to stress about as far as bills or money are concerned, but that's not what I'm stressing over. I feel guilty......like I'm sluffing (sp?) work or something. Like any minute now I'll get called into an office and yelled at. Then I remember. I'm free.
I haven't been unemployed since I was 16 years old. It's odd.
This is the first job that I ever really owned. I loved it. I enjoyed it. I woke up excited to go to work. I made very good friendships. I had it all.
Then it all just started falling apart. I woke up with knots in my stomach. I saw the same fear and stress in my friends faces. I cried all the time. I yelled at my family. It wasn't fun anymore.
So, yes, it is bad to be out of a job in this economy. But, no, I am not sorry. I will find a new job. Hopefully I will enjoy it. For now, I'm free. I can do what I want to and not live in fear. I will love life for now.

No comments: