Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Zucchini Onion Bake

Found another zucchini recipe to try. Well, not really a recipe. I got the idea while looking at other recipes. But, since I didn't have everything the recipes called for, I used what I had. And it came out really good.
First I cut a small zucchini (I'd say about 8"-10") in half lengthwise. Then I scooped out the pulp leaving about a 1/4" of the shell. I spread a thin layer of butter in each shell and sprinkled a little bit of garlic powder in. Then, I  cooked them at 375 deg. until they were slightly soft.
While the shells were cooking, I sauteed the pulp that was scooped out along with one small chopped onion in a frying pan with a bit more butter.
When the shells were soft, I scooped the sautee mix into them and put them back in the toaster oven for about 5 minutes. Then I took them out, sprinkled some pepper jack cheese on, and put them back in just long enough to melt the cheese.
I have to say, these turned out really good. And Shane didn't even say I ruined his zucchini this time. I know the butter and the cheese weren't the healthiest choices, but I didn't use that much butter. And the cheese is just a must. Sorry.


1 comment:

Jacki said...

mmmm..I LOVE zucchini!!