Friday, August 19, 2011

CAS-ual Embossing Challenge #CFC16

Just one more quick post tonight. I wanted to get this one done because we're going camping tomorrow night (yay!), and I need to spend my free time tomorrow loading up. Shane has to work tomorrow, but he agreed to go camping if I loaded everything. What's different from any other time we go camping? Lol--don't tell him I said that.
I created this card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge #CFC16. The challenge was to make a clean and simple card using embossing--wet or dry--on our cards this week. And, as is usually my style, I totally cased another card I found while browsing the web. This is my case of Jackie Rockwell's card found on her blog here.
I'm pretty excited about camping, believe it or not. I don't seem like the camping type when you first get to know me, but I really am. And, we haven't been camping this whole summer because we just don't have the money. People don't think camping costs money, but you have to pay for gas in the truck (not enough room for all of our stuff in the car), and then usually you need propane for the portable BBQ, and special food because I'm not cooking what I do here out there. Even though hot dogs are cheap, it's still money. Then their is inevitably some fishing thing that they are out of or we need gas for the lantern. The list goes on and on, it costs at least $60 every time--and that's if we don't need much.
Anyhow, Shane got a bit of overtime on this check and I decided we were going. We need a getaway, even if it's just a really short one. Something to keep our minds off of everything.
So, we'll see-ya when we get back. I'll take a few pics just because I haven't taken hardly any this summer--as I said, we haven't done anything lol.
If you like this post, or any of my others, please leave me a comment. I love getting comments, not going to lie. Who doesn't? And, if you really like me (*wink*), you can find the various ways to follow my blog on the sidebar.

{YOU ROCK!}
Cardstock: White and tan are both generic from my LSS, and the others are all scraps, so I don't really know who they are from.
Accessories: Jute from DC&C, Teeny Alpha from Glitz
Tools: Corner Rounder punch from EK Success, Star Punch from Stampin' Up!
Adhesives: Tombo Mono permanent roller, Zots adhesive dots

8 comments:

Jackie said...

It does look good with stars! I like how your twine is thicker than mine, gives it a more masculine rustic look. Thanks for linking back to me.

Lisa H. said...

what a fun card. love the gorgeous papers you used to punch those stars and the texture in the background.....love it!

NanaConnie said...

Love this simple design. Wow -- that embossing really makes the card! Have a great camping experience, Shelly. You guys need it and you'll come back mentally refreshed. Wish I was going with you! :-)

Laura Davis said...

Fantastic work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Misty said...

What an amazing card. So great!

Karen B. said...

I hope you are having an excellent time camping! I usually say I don't like it but when we do go, I end up having a good time. Your card is awesome. I love the play between the stars and the circle letters. Great way to showcase an embossed background too! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love your card! Great background, stars, sentiment and twine for the finish!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the deeply embossed backing and those stars and twine look fab! Here's mine!

Hope you have a brilliant week camping - we're off this weekend coming!