Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today is my birthday!



Truthfully, I really don't mind having birthdays. I have an excellent hair colorist that keeps most of the evidence of my age well hidden lol. Seriously though, I really haven't ever minded my age. I'm only 33, but some people (like my son) might consider that old. I kind of feel like it is still just the beginning of my life.
Today I woke up early and went to work (so I could get off early). The girls at work were sweet. They gave me an assortment of scrapbooking cardstock that would have cost me $50 on sale! One of my good friends also gave me some Victoria's Secret lotion and body spray that I love. They bought me lunch at China Wok, and later we had chocolate cake.
When my sister, Kim, was here for Thanksgiving, she bought me the Making Memories embellishment center that I've been drooling over for months. Thanks sis!
After work I went shopping at the mall, bought a couple pairs of PJ's that I love, got some new earrings, took my wedding ring to be repaired (OMG--one of my diamonds fell out--another story for another day), and squoze in a Diet Coke on the way out.
I bought dinner on the way home (yes, I didn't have to cook). And, I was pleasantly surprised by 2 dozen mini roses and a birthday card when I got home. You have to know my hubby. He's never been very sentimental and we haven't exchanged gifts for almost anything up until the last couple of years.
Not bad eh? Have to do that again next year.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm SO jealous of your organizer! Sounds like you know how to par-tay! Glad you had such a good birthday :-)

Lynnie said...

Happy Birthday! Better late than never! Sounds like you had a good one. And you are not old. If your old, I'm old. And that is not how it's gonna be!

Hugs,
Kalynn