Sunday, April 1, 2012

Earring Holder from Pinterest

So a few weeks ago my sister got a cool earring holder off of Etsy or somewhere. But, she wasn't really too happy with it because it was made with a cheaper picture frame than she thought it looked like in the photo on Etsy.
I really loved the idea, and I started to see them all over Pinterest. So, I decided to give it a shot. I went out and bought this old picture frame at a thrift store for $4.
Then I got a fine grit sanding block, some black spray paint, a clear coat spray paint, some screen (to repair screen doors), and some pretty fabric.
I sanded the frame, wiped it down with a dry cloth, spray painted with three coats of gloss black, sprayed it with two coats of the clear coat spray, cut the screen down to a manageable size and stapled into into the inside of the opening on the frame, cut and stapled in the fabric, then cut the excess screen and fabric away. Then I just added a pretty ribbon bow to hang it with, and voila--a pretty cute earring organizer!
I would link you to a tutorial if I had used one, but it looked pretty easy, so I just made it up as I went along. I think it turned out pretty well!
I still have a lot of earrings that can't go on  here because they are hoops or little studs that don't really hang. So I still have a jewelry box, but it isn't near as crowded. And now I can find my earring pairs without making a huge freakin mess every morning.

No comments: