Sunday, February 19, 2012

Things are Better

Just reread my last post--how depressing! Well, I was having a pretty bad day. But, things have gotten better. After we had come to the conclusion that the car was really just done, we decided to call a couple of dealerships and see if maybe we could trade it in. I really didn't have any hope. I mean, why would they want to pay us for a broken down piece of junk?
But, every dealership I called said yes they would do that. We decided to go to one in Provo because we didn't feel like our last experience with the one in Spanish Fork was very good at all. And the other dealerships here were too small.
We went to the one that would give us the biggest trade-in amount. They couldn't give us what we owed, but it came close. We wanted an SUV this time around. And they brought a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer out for us to test drive. It rode like a dream, and the color is one of my faves--charcoal gray with a little shimmer. So, of course, I fell in love right off the bat lol. Shane was too, but he hides it better than I do.
We talked about price, and we talked them down a little bit. They needed $750 down though, which was a problem. We had no money. But, I had done our taxes the night before and knew we would have it at the end of February. So, I asked my sister to borrow it to me until then. She agreed, thank goodness.
I don't know if we made the smartest decision. We're back in debt for another 5 years now. And we're upside down a little on the SUV because of the amount owed on our old car. But not too much. And, I'd rather be paying for something I can actually drive than just looking at it sit in the driveway useless. Plus, I really hated driving Shane's car. It smells like cigarette smoke and oil--yuck.
Don't get me wrong. I would have if I'd had to. But I'm glad I didn't lol.
And, once we get our taxes back the house payment and all the bills will be caught up. So that's good. Hopefully we can keep on top of things and get a little room to breathe. Anyway, here are some pictures I took with my phone.



2 comments:

cre8ivesky said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment about my wreath over at Capital B! I'm working on a tutorial for it and really need to just get it done already! What a fun new car- hope it turns out great for you! Also, on your sciatic nerve, if you're interested in herbal type stuff at all, I know that taking several Valerian Root capsules before bed can really help! I think its one you can find at like a Walmart Pharmacy in the herbal area :) Hope you have an awesome week! PS... your layouts are really beautiful! Makes me miss scrapbooking!

Tiffany said...

I love your car Shelly! Sounds like things are getting better for you. That's great!