Monday, February 27, 2012

Rag Tie Wreath


So me and Lacy (or is that Lacy and I? hmmm.....whatev) decided to get a little crafty on Sunday. We saw this wreath on Pinterest and HAD to try our hand. I just thought it was so cute. And all the other ideas I saw for St Patrick's Day wreaths just were not my style. I briefly considered this one, but it looked like it required way too much effort lol.
We actually made the trip to Hobby Lobby on Friday to just buy all of the supplies and stuff together. We were going to make them separately at our own houses. But then Shane decided to go 4-wheeling on Sunday, and I wasn't going to stay home by myself when I could craft with a sistie (combo of sister and bestie--you like it, right?).
Anyway, I ended up with 7 different fabrics we bought in 1/4 yard increments and cut about 1.5"X8". I didn't measure. Cause I don't do that lol. I say "I" because that's what "I" did. Lacy cut hers different and all neat and tidy. I just went at it chopping away with my scissors and it turned out all right.
We bought wire wreath forms and had the husbands cut them apart for us. You could just use a wire hanger though. In fact, in hindsight, it might have been easier. And definitely would have been cheaper lol.
Once you have you hanger or wreath form in a circle, just tie the strips on it in any order you please, fashion a bow out of ribbon or, as in my case, tulle, hot glue that sucker down, and find some cute thing to hang in the middle. Easy peasy. And I really like the way it turned out. Makes me want to do one for all the holidays lol. But that would be boring I guess. I'll have to find something else to do on the oh so addictive Pinterest.
What do y'all think? Did we do good?

1 comment:

NanaConnie said...

As an Irish lady who happened to be born on St. Paddy's Dat, I can't tell you how much I adore this project! What a fantastic way to celebrate the day, Shell. :-D