Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Crafty!

So, I got a call from my boss last night saying that we weren't going to be working today because it is a federal holiday (Columbus Day). We ship 95% of our orders USPS, so no shipping=no work.
My first thought was, boo for the paycheck. But, immediately after that I thought, "Yay, I can do something crafty!" Lol. Seriously. I've been deprived lately.
Long story short, I ended up cleaning most of the day and had to run some grocery store errands that have been neglected. So I didn't get to play til this evening. But still, I wouldn't have been able to play at all if I had gone to work.
I found this tutorial from The DIY Dish on Pinterest--I heart Pinterest--and just had to try it. Here is my finished scarf.
I wish I would have taken pics while I was making it, but I did it while watching tv with the hubby. It seriously only took like 15-20 minutes start to finish. No sewing! All you need is scissors, a t-shirt, and some fabric glue. Easy peasy!
I do have to say that I am a bit disappointed because I thought it would be fuller. But I think it's because the t-shirt I used was pretty thin. I used a 2X size shirt, but it still only got me about 10 rounds. You can buy t-shirt material (jersey knit), but it's like $12.99 a yard! No thanks.
Anyway, just one tip if you are thinking about trying this. When the video says that she cuts about 2" from the edge of the round, she means it lol. I tried doing it narrower because I wanted to have more strands. But they just turned out stringy and with less curl. That is probably part of my fullness problem as well.
All I had to buy for this was fabric glue. And I'm sure I can find some future uses for that. So, for almost free, I say it turned out pretty well. It's a keeper.

No comments: