Monday, January 18, 2010

1*18*10

Saturday was my mom's birthday. I miss her so much. I think of her at least 10 times a day even now, 14+ years later. I spent two days at funerals last week, and it brought the sorrow so close to the surface again. Especially the second funeral. My friend Jennifer's dad, who worked with Shane, passed away. He was 58 years old. His wife, and her mom, died in 2003. What if my dad dies young like that? He did have a heart attack a couple of years ago. My mom is already gone. I can't imagine not having my dad. He's been such a huge part of my life (more than a lot of dad's might be). He is one of my husband's best friends. He is a rock to our family. We even spend our vacation together every year camping.

I wish my mom was around. Just to talk to her and for her to spend time with her grandchildren. I hope it's true what they say about heaven. That years on earth are like minutes to them. I'd hate to think my mom had to wait to see us as long as we do to see her. Somehow it seems more bearable on earth to me because we have so many of our friends and family still with us.

Well, enough sadness for now. It was just on my mind after going to the funerals and all.

No comments: