Saturday, January 2, 2010

01*02*10

I spent a few hours at Kim's house today helping her finish a scrapbook she is making for a work friend of hers. It was fun for us to do something together, but it was sad at the same time. She's been working on the book over the last couple of weeks. She is trying to get it done as quickly as possible because this friend of hers has terminal cancer. She wants him to be able to look at it and reflect on the many good times they've had together with mutual friends as much as possible before he is gone. That makes me sad.
I've had a couple of friends get diagnosed with cancer. One died, and one is now in remission. It seems like anyone you talk to knows more than one person who has had or does have cancer. I can't believe how many lives this once rare disease is affecting and how many different types of cancer there are now.
It makes me think how much I have to be grateful for and how I should hold my loved ones close. Maybe someday I won't be able to.

No comments: