Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving.........

Well, we went to my dad's house in Fountain Green for Thanksgiving. We drove up on Wednesday night and had a few drinks before bed. Then, we got up early, cooked, and cleaned. I tried to get some pictures, but everyone wanted to be jerks and put their hands up in front of their faces or make crude gestures with their fingers (Shane!), so I deleted them all.

Diane's mom and dad came, and that was interesting. They are religious, and none of us are. You ought to try telling Shane that he needs to be polite. And then, just to top things off, grandma didn't like big dog's. Angel is like Shane's little girl. I can understand why she didn't want the dog in the house. She could get dog hair all over in the food. And, she thought that Angel might get up on the table and get the food. If she knew her, she'd know that Angel would never dare, but whatever. Of course Shane didn't understand any of that. He was really pissy about it, but he didn't say a lot. He just stayed outside with her. So, I was left to try to explain, and let me tell you how comfortable that was.

All in all, it was an Ok day. I don't think we'll be going to Dad's for Thanksgiving again though. Not if Grandma's going to be there. Shane won't be having that. I'm just glad to have gotten home without having major drama. My dad and I are the only ones who knew what was going on the whole time, so I guess that was probably a good thing. Not so fun for us, but it didn't ruin everything.

No comments: