Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day Sunday

 
Happy Mother's Day y'all! I had a good day today. Shane and I got up around 7:30 or so and lounged around for a bit. Then Shane said he wanted to go get some flowers for his mom and go see her. I agreed, I haven't been to my mom's grave in a while either. So, we got dressed and went to buy some flowers. Then we got Garrett up and headed out.
Shane's mom is buried in the Provo City Cemetary. So we headed there first.The flowers we brought over on Valentine's Day (her birthday) were still there. I thought the cemetary would have cleaned them up by now? They were carnations as well. Her favorite flowers were carnations.
Then, we headed over to my mother's grave in Pleasant Grove. I feel bad. I haven't been here for a while. I know I visited sometime near Christmas. I can't remember if I came for her birthday in January or not? But we came over here for Valentine's Day too. 
I'm pretty sure my mom's favorite flowers were daisies. But, they didn't have any. And I know that she would have liked these pretty white roses. 
Shane's mom is buried close to her mother, so we took a carnation from her bouquet and put it on his grandmother's grave too. My niece, who was only 3 months old when she passed away is right near my mother as well. So we pulled a rose from mom's bouquet and laid in on Nicki's grave. We couldn't afford to buy flowers for all of them :(
When we got home, we pretty much just lazed the day away. Garrett vacuumed the living room for me. Shane had picked the house up and put a bunch of stuff away yesterday. Garrett did the dishes last night. So that was nice.
I finally got my craft room all clean again. Now I can mess it up. Ha ha.
It was a good day. Looking forward to more good days as summer comes!
Talk to ya later.
Shelly

No comments: