Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 17, 2016

Hey there. Not much going on around here. That's why I haven't posted. I have been trying to catch up on my Project Life album. I finished 2015 and got January 2016 done. Now I'm starting on February. I'm hoping to get caught up so I can just do it month to month like I planned :)  I'll see if I can get some photos sometime this week and post them.

I fell behind when Shane's dad (my father-in-law) passed away in July. It's not easy to scrap when your heart is broken. But we are getting through it now. Though I think Shane has some real bad days. I feel bad for him. I'm going to be a wreck when my dad passes away. Hopefully it won't happen for a LONG time. I just don't think we can do that again. It was one of the hardest things we've ever been through.

We both lost our mom's earlier in life. Shane was only 11. I was 19. And that was really hard. My mom was one of my best friends. And I knew she never judged me. But, I don't know, I think now that I'm older it just might be harder to lose a parent. I can't explain it. Maybe I was just young and I didn't realize what a hole it would leave in my life at the time. I do realize now. And I miss my mom every single day.

Anyhow, I didn't mean for that to be a bummer post. Didn't even really mean to talk about all that. But I guess it needed to come out. So there it is.

Guess I'll beat it now that I've bummed us all out lol. Bye!


1 comment:

NanaConnie said...

I think it wad a great post, Shell. Many of us have been through it already losing one of both parents and all of us will face it at some point in life. Both of my parents of have been gone for many years now and I can attest to the fact that the pain has diminished over time but the good memories are still with me. What more could one ask? :-D