Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mother's Day Card

This is a card I created for Mother's Day. I don't have any Mother's Day stamps as mine and my husband's mothers both passed away at a young age. But, I'm making some cards to sell.  So, I improvised with a universal sentiment from the Holidays and Wishes set from Stampin Up. I would have used my printer, but I did something bad to it and need the hubby to fix it.
I used the April Daisy digital stamp from Heart Song Designs for this card. I just love daisies, and so did my mom. And, I really wanted to use yellow because it just seems so 'springy'. Is that even a word? It has been so nice the last few days that I'm feeling sunny lol. I left the flowers mostly white because I thought if I colored them in, that would have been too much yellow.
In case you're wondering why the butterflies are placed sort of wonky, that's because I'm covering a stamping mistake :)
I started with this week's sketch over at the Heart Song Inspirations blog, but it didn't quite end up looking like it lol. Oh well. Sketches are just a jumping point anyway, right?
Thanks for looking, and please leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

No comments: