Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Sky's the Limit!

Hey all! I am so excited to share my card with you today! I've been wanting to play with the Heart Song Hot Air Balloon image for a while now. Hot air balloons are so popular, along with clouds and things of the sky, and this one is just too adorable.
I also knew that this image was perfect to try out some paper piecing. I've never done that with a stamp--digi or otherwise, and I think this turned out quite nicely. It will probably come in handy for a graduation or promotion card--something of that nature. I think this is my favorite Heart Song Designs image now.
I just want to point out really quick, for those of you who may be new to digital stamping, that this digital stamp has been "squashed a bit". If you follow the link to the image above, you will see that it looks longer and skinnier in the Heart Song Designs shop. I like a nice, short, round hot air balloon lol. So, I simply manipulated it in Microsoft Word until it was shaped the way I wanted. Really cool thing about digis I tell ya! 
I then printed it three times over on the same paper (once for the image outline, once to get the orange top printed on, and once to print on the polka dot and basket papers of my choice), and once more on a new sheet to use on the card. If that's confusing, I'm sorry. I don't have a way with words lol. You could just print the entire image on all three papers and then cut out the pieces you need, but I was using scraps so I had to improvise.
Here is the recipe for my card:
Stamp: Hot Air Balloon by Heart Song Designs
Cardstock: Oatmeal color from local craft chain (they get it from Xpedx)
Patterned Paper: dark brown base is Paper Loft, polka dot and orange top on the balloon are the same sheet of paper from Cosmo Cricket, Basket paper is from SEI, Stripe is Crate Paper, Clouds is October Afternoon, Yellow Polka Dots is October Afternoon, and I don't know where I got the orange plaid. It's old lol.
Accessories: Stampin Up Brilliant Blue ink (sponged), Imaginisce I-Rock and Glam Rocks, Stampin Up marker in Tempting Turquoise (around the clouds), black Le Pen from Marvy for faux stitching, adhesive tape from EK Success, foam pop dots from 3L, ribbon from my stash (old & don't know what brand), computer generated sentiment (I'm sure I stole that from somewhere), and staples from office supply.

One more quick thing to say before I go. We now have a flickr gallery for Heart Song Designs. You can check out all of our card samples done with Heart Song images here.
Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

salme said...

Lovely card! The hot air balloon is so cute!