Sunday, September 19, 2010

09*19*10

I'm getting a little bit excited to be off work for a while. I'm definitely going to be trying to find a job, but it will be nice to have just a little less stress for at least a few weeks. I've had a headache for about 5 days now just from thinking and stressing too much about everything that needs to be done before I leave work. I was talking to Shane yesterday, and he said he'd like me to find a job that's just an office-type position where I can go and and do my job and come home and not have to worry or think about it at all. I told him that was kind of funny. Because that is how I've always had it, at first. Then I get promoted a couple of times and it all goes to hell. But, how do you turn down a promotion? That is a validation that you are worth something and that you are a good employee. And, let's face it, it usually comes with better pay and a few other benefits. Not only that, I wasn't exactly given a choice this last time. I was asked, and I said no, and then I was told.
Hopefully I can find something that is a little bit less stressful though. I'm tired of working in a high-stress environment.
But, I've heard from a lot of people lately that have been laid off and unemployed for more than 2 years now. That is really scary. I'm hoping that the skill set I have will save me from having to worry about that.
Anyway, I decided to try not to think about all that today and made a really fast scrapbook layout. This one only took like 20 minutes start to finish. That is way fast for me. But I don't know how I feel about the handwritten title. It's crooked, which is okay I guess, but I'm just really not feeling it. It could look much better if I cut the letters out with my Cricut or Slice for the title. Hmm...I'm betting that is going to get fixed at some point in the near future


.

No comments: