Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Graduate

My baby, The Graduate
Well, today was Garrett's 6th grade graduation program. I didn't know until last night, so it's a good thing I could leave work. I wasn't going to cry, but then his teacher was speaking about how proud he was of this year's class and how they were really a special group. And, I just couldn't help it.......I sniffled a little. Then all of the parents were asking to get pictures with him and their sons/daughters, and he wiped a tear or two. He really is a great teacher. Garrett has never done as well or liked school near as much as this year.
My baby is growing up. I've wined a lot about that on this blog as of late, but I just can't help it. I only get one!
Singing "For Good" Principal Larsen presenting Garrett with his Promotion Certificate Garrett with his teacher, Mr. Loreen

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

awww. Garrett likes his teacher too. He was always talking about him. ANd it sounds like to me that garrett is pretty nervous for junior high??? WOW Junior high! Have fun with that :-)

Jacki said...

I can't believe Garrett will be in Junior High..holy! I'm glad he liked his teacher that is always a plus. Why do they have to grow up so fast!?
That is a way cute pic of him in his cap and gown too. :)