Sunday, March 14, 2010

3*14*10

Lacy and I went to a scrap camp this weekend. We had a total blast. You can go on Friday at 4:00 pm and stay over til Saturday at 9:00 pm, but we just did Saturday. I think that was a good decision. Because by 8:00 pm, I was totally out of steam. Not to mention delirious. It was so worth it though. We never get to scrap together because there just isn't enough room. We had a whole table to ourselves, so there was plenty of room to spread out. Lacy got 29 layouts done. Holy cow! I only did 15. But, Lacy's approach is cleaner than mine. I like my layouts all junked up lol. I did do some simpler ones toward the end though. I was too tired to pretty them up any more.
Anyway, we loved it, and we plan on doing it again in April at a different event.
Here are the pages I got done.
My niece, Jordyn's, school pic this year
My nephew, Ryan's, school pic this year
My nephew graduating from preschool 2 years ago
Trinity Church and St Paul's Chapel in NYC (journaling is too long and will be on a separate insert page to the scrapbook)
Central Park in NYC
Heartland Brewery at the bottom of the Empire State Building (we needed a little break after flying and walking all day lol)
Empire State Building
Bowling Green Park. I wasn't going to include the second pic by the bull, but after reading a bit of the history, I knew I needed to. (journaling is too long and will be on a separate insert page to the scrapbook)
My tattoo!--I need to reprint the pic that I wrote on. I messed up a word and scribbled on it. Not pretty.
My fave layout of the night. One of the ladies told me that I should submit it for "best of show" next time we come.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Shell, what scrap camp did you go to and where?
those are some awesome pages and you got alot done!

Alicia said...

Shell, you're awesome! LOVE these pages. I want to be you when I grow up :)