Saturday, December 20, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods............

We're going to my dad's house today, aka Grandpa Stoker. That is sort of weird for me to say to my son. Because I remember Grandpa Stoker, and he wasn't my dad lol. He was a great grandpa. He used to always be in the living room when we came over and he would say, "Well, hello boys!". Then we'd say, "Grandpa, we're girls". And he'd say, "You're girdles? My my." or something like that. We'd go back and forth for a couple minutes, and he'd give us great big hugs. Wow, sometimes I really miss my dad's parents. They are both gone now. Grandpa died when I was only 11, and grandma sometime after I'd gotten married. I should have gone to see her more.
Anyway, back to my original thought..........We're traveling to my dad's house today for our annual family get together. Should be really fun. We always have fun with my family. Everyone will be there and I'm pretty excited. We're going to have a nice dinner, open presents, have a little nightcap, and maybe play some games. Then we'll drive home on Sunday morning.
We can't go down earlier because we have a Christmas party for my mom's side of the family at 3:00 this afternoon, which I'm also pretty psyched about. Maybe I'll see some cousins or aunts & uncles that I don't get to see very often.
Just wanted to update my blog since I haven't for a little bit. So busy this time of year, you know?

No comments: