Saturday, May 7, 2016

Barbecue Season

The weather is getting warmer, and we are loving it! Time for some grilling!

We actually grill all year. Shane loves to grill and experiment with seasonings on different meats and stuff. But, it is definitely easier in spring and summer. I think we can all agree :)

Tonight I decided I wanted to try some chicken kabobs. My sister, Kim, brings them to family barbecues quite frequently. And they always look so yummy!
I have to say, these weren't as inexpensive as I had thought or hoped. However, I did buy way too much stuff lol. We each had a good amount for dinner, there was plenty left over for work lunches the next day, and Shane had some for a snack later.

Shane did an amazing job at keeping everything moist, and the seasoning was fabulous. We like our stuff spicy, so he used plenty of pepper. He got some on my pineapple by accident, but it was actually pretty good. Might do that on purpose next time!
I forgot to mention to that when I got home today, G surprised me with a flashlight. It has long range reach and a bunch of other bells and whistles lol. It is LED, you can strobe it or it has an SOS setting or just straight beam like a normal flashlight. You can also adjust the beam to concentrated or a  really large circle. He got some sort of deal on their website, so he bought two (one for his dad's birthday in April, and one for himself) and then got mine free. I guess it is a military grade survival-type flashlight. Pretty cool. He bought them back in April, but they were on backorder.
Welp, that'll do it for today. I'll be back when I have more interesting things to say. Ha ha!

No comments: