Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

(me and my daddy circa 1976)
I just want to take the opportunity on Father's Day to thank my dad for being the best dad anyone could ever ask for. My dad has always been there for me and my siblings whenever we needed anything. Even when we were a young family and times were tough, we never wanted for anything. I had the best childhood I think anyone could ask for, and I owe a lot of that to him. He made things fun for us even when it seemed like there was nothing to do. He made us rope swings and rafts. He played hide and go seek with us and pulled us around on blow-up tire tubes in the snow. He even used to brush our hair and put it in curlers sometimes at night.
I have so many fun and loving memories of my dad growing up and I'm still making new ones today.
I love you Dad! I hope you know what you mean to all of us.
And, to Shane's Dad, my father-in-law.  He and Shane haven't always had the best relationship. But they have really gotten a lot closer since Shane and I got together and he has a grandson to spoil rotten now. He would do anything for us as well, and Garrett loves to spend time with him while hunting, 4-wheeling, fishing, and camping. He had a close call at the end of March on one of their 4-wheeling trips, and we're all just pretty thankful to have him around and look forward to spending more quality time with him.
Love you Dad Too!
And, finally, to my husband Shane. He is a wonderful father to our son. He includes him in every part of our lives and always wants to make sure that he knows he is loved. He takes him on nearly all of his "man trips" and teaches him all there is to know about becoming a good person. I know Shane loves Garrett and I with all of his heart and always tries to do what is best for our little family. He works his butt off to make sure that we have all the things we need, and most of the things we want. He gives everything he has and then some, and expects nearly nothing in return. I love you babe! And I know G loves you too. You're an awesome dad!

No comments: